Jackson LLP’s healthcare attorneys understand the complex regulatory environment in which urgent care centers operate, and we can advise these providers about all aspects of their practice and clinic management. Our lawyers are experienced in healthcare compliance and offer legal guidance on topics including:
- EMTALA compliance requirements
- Corporate governance, practice operations, and practice start-up, mergers, acquisitions, or dissolution
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- HIPAA compliance requirements
- Physician contracting, joint-venture arrangements, fee-splitting prohibitions, and corporate practice of medicine guidance
- Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute fraud, waste, and abuse guidance
- Informed consent guidance
Small to mid-sized clinics are increasingly targeted for audits by Medicare, third-party payors, the HHS Office of Civil Rights, and the OIG. Jackson LLP provides urgent care centers with litigation management and audit management services to streamline the audit process, improve compliance, and remedy breaches or violations.
Physicians considering opening urgent care centers may find Jackson LLP’s contract review services helpful, including our attorneys’ review of your non-competition and non-solicitation clauses in your employment contract. We also provide comprehensive liability guidance as you work with an insurance broker to adequately insure your practice, offer in-house HIPAA compliance training and risk assessments, and advise physicians about proper employee-employer relationships that avoid violating self-referral, fee-splitting, and kickback prohibitions.
Your initial attorney consultation is free, so call our office today or click the button below to schedule a call.